The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
Please note - we may need to forward your details to venue(s) to secure places. Purbeck Film Charitable Trust Ltd is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner - No. PZ9173783. We shall not pass your details on to any other parties.
Purbeck Film Festival Mobile App
- This policy is only valid if you obtained and installed the app via an official distribution channel. These are the Google Play Store for Android, the Apple App Store for iOS, the Microsoft Store for Windows Phone, and the Amazon App Store for Fire. If you installed the app for anywhere else, then it is not genuine. Please remove and install from an official vendor.
- The app includes Google analytics which is turned on by default. This is simply used for statistical reasons to help improve our app, and understand what our users are interacting with. No identifying information about the user is sent to us, and is all controlled using the Google Analytics frameworks.
- There is an easy to find option within the app which will Opt you out of the Analytics system, this option persists as long as the app is installed. Reinstallation will reset this. However can be opted out again.
- Some limited personal data can be stored by the app at the choice of the user, such as email address and phone number. These can be cleared at ease from the settings screen. The app in no way stores, or persists sensitive information, such as card details. None of these details are sent to any other app, or system within the device itself, and cannot be access externally from any other app.
- The app can request your GPS location when using the map feature to find directions to the cinema/site. This is controlled by the operating system and not our actual app. This data is not stored in anyway.